If your family member is one of the more than 3 million Canadians who suffer from diabetes, Right at Home can help manage the disease through:
- Education of what affects blood glucose levels
- Insulin adminstration
- Coordination of a healthy meal plan
- Development of a light exercise schedule
- Meal preparation
- Medication reminders/set-up/administration
Diabetes Information and Resources
- More than 1.5 million new cases of diabetes are diagnosed every year.
- Almost 25 percent of people over the age of 65 have diabetes.
- More than 90 percent of diabetics have Type 2 diabetes.
- For a great resource on diabetes health, visit the Canadian Diabetes Association.
From the start, Right at Home were welcoming, helpful, and immediately responsive to my Father's care. We instantly responded to their friendly and service-oriented approach and felt that we could work with them. They also seem to hold the bar pretty high for the caregivers working with them, and their high standards and extensive selection process reassured and impressed us.
Thank You Guelph