If your family member is one of the more than 3 million Canadians who suffer from diabetes, Right at Home can help manage the disease through:
- Education of what affects blood glucose levels
- Insulin adminstration
- Coordination of a healthy meal plan
- Development of a light exercise schedule
- Meal preparation
- Medication reminders/set-up/administration
Diabetes Information and Resources
- More than 1.5 million new cases of diabetes are diagnosed every year.
- Almost 25 percent of people over the age of 65 have diabetes.
- More than 90 percent of diabetics have Type 2 diabetes.
- For a great resource on diabetes health, visit the Canadian Diabetes Association.
Your Right at Home caregiver was wonderful. She was so helpful - and after working with many agencies - was the best caregiver from any agency that we had in the past year!
Thank You Guelph