Questions to Ask When Hiring a Caregiver
Finding an in home caregiver is an important part of caring for seniors and loved one. Right at Home specializes in providing trained and qualified in home caregivers to families across the United States. There are many factors and questions to ask someone looking to provide in home care.
If you decide on home care, there are several questions you should ask to ensure that your loved one will stay safe, healthy and happy:
- What happens if you or your caregiver becomes ill or are otherwise unavailable? What are the alternate arrangements?
- Do you pay any tax, CPP and EI contributions relating to your caregiver, so that your family is not legally responsible?
- Can you verify that you and your caregivers are legally able to work in Canada?
- If you or your caregiver are injured at a client's residence, who is responsible? (Many homeowner's insurance policies exclude injuries to "domestic employees.")
- Do you perform criminal background checks? Do you check caregivers references from prior work history?
- Are you insured in case one of your clients is injured or there's a theft?
- How do you document that your services were indeed completed?