Right at Home Oakville provides assistance for daily household activities, recreational and social outings, errands as well as peace-of-mind services.
Our companionship services help our clients through caring one-on-one human interaction and support, nutrition, transportation and maintaining a fresh and clean home environment.
Your Care Planner will get to know you and your loved one and, with your help, create a Care Plan that allows your loved one to continue living life to the fullest doing the things they love while staying safe at home, wherever home is to them. Following the development of the Care Plan, your loved one will be matched with PSW Caregivers fit their unique needs.
Safety and supervision
In everything we do, safety is paramount. With Right at Home you will know that your loved one is safe and being supervised by one of our highly trained Caregivers.
- Support for those at risk of falls or wandering
- Friendly neighbour visits (“check-in visits”)
Nutrition and Wellness
Making meals and ensuring proper medication management to promote health. Your Care Planner will work with you and your loved one to find a Caregiver that can help cook they type of meals your loved one prefers.
- Healthy, fresh-made meals
- Meal planning
- Extra support in the kitchen helping a loved one continue cooking if that is something they love to do
- Medication management
A Clean Home
Our PSW Caregivers can help with light domestic support for a clean and healthy home environment. If your loved one has certain chores that they would like to continue doing, our Caregivers can help them, keeping your loved one engaged and safe.
- Light domestic work, such as housekeeping, laundry or helping clean the kitchen
- Organization (closets, rooms, etc)
Making days more fun and enjoyable. Our Caregivers can help your loved one continue doing the things they love to do while giving you peace of mind that they are in the right hands.
- Shopping, errands (with you, or for you)
- Outings - museums, park, walks
- Socialization and social interaction
- Reading aloud
- Cognitive stimulation, hobbies, games
Our PSW Caregiver drivers can be there to help whenever needed. Our drivers are also able to drive your loved one’s car if they prefer that.
- Escort to medical, dental, foot care or other appointments
- Transportation for leisure, medical appointments
Our Companionship services mean that our Caregivers can be there for extra support when you need it most.
- Respite ("Breaks") for family caregivers - This could be a few hours so you can take some time for yourself, or maybe some extra support while you are enjoying a much needed vacation.
- Travel companion to help with your loved ones care while on a family vacation. The extra support means your loved one can be there with the family.
A full spectrum of Support
Our companionship services are just the beginnings of our home care and nursing care offerings in Oakville. We offer nursing care support, physical assistanceand help with personal care and hygiene. We also offer PSW and nurse support for special care situations like cancer care and recovery, senior home care, arthritis and osteoarthritis care, diabetes support, and much more.