Community Resources in Ottawa
When caring for a loved one, there's no such thing as too much information. These links will provide even more information on caring for your loved one and their specific needs.
If you have any more questions about resources in your community or would like to discuss how we can help in your unique situation, call us at: (613) 842-8014 or fill out the contact us form and I will call you back at a time that works best for you. I look forward to helping!
Key Resources for information on Ottawa supports and services
- 211 - A central information line for Ontario that helps guide you towards the community services you are looking for. Call 211 or click the link.
- LHIN - (Previously called CCAC) The LHIN is your first point of contact when looking for government care. They also are the keepers of the Long Term Care (LTC) waitlist.
Financial SupportTip: Be sure to read our guide Home Care: Solving the Financial Puzzle.
- Veterans Affairs Canada
- Ontario Disability Support Program
- Government Support - Find your local LHIN (CCAC)
- Interim Federal Health Program
- Ontario Assistive Devices Program
Alzheimers and Dementia Support
End of Life Support
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Canadian Diabetes Association
- Osteoporosis Canada
- The Arthritis Society
- Canadian Lung Association
- COPD Canada
- Canadian Stroke Network
- Heart and Stroke Foundation
- Public Health Agency of Canada
Advocacy and research
A bit about Right at Home in Ottawa
- Over 20 years of experience. Right at Home has been providing award winning customized elder care and home care for over 20 years.
Read more about us >
- YOUR Right at Home Caregivers are all part of YOUR Care Team. This means that you always see the same Personal Support Workers and Nurses. Your Care Planner will get to know you love one and use that information to help build the perfect team for their personality and needs. This gives a level of care for your loved one that is unsurpassed in our industry.
Read More about Care Teams >
- Professional Caregivers. Right at Home's dedication to the highest level of service is the basis for everything we do including how we hire and train our Caregivers.
read more about our Nurses and PSWs >
- Working with government support. Your Care Planner will work to help you find the government supports you are eligible for (if you would like them) and then work to find a solution for the care needs that go above what government and family can do. We will also work around the government care plan so that we are enhancing it.
- We help in home, wherever home is to you. Our Caregivers are always out in the community visiting homes, Retirement Residences, Long Term Care (LTC), hospices and hospitals. Our Ottawa team will help out wherever you need us.
I hope this list of resources helps! If you have any more questions or would like to discuss how we can help in your unique situation, call us at: (613) 842-8014 or fill out the contact us form and I will call you back at a time that works best for you. I look forward to helping!