Safe, Reliable Transportation for Older Adults
Whether we are taking you one-way, or staying and assisting, all of our Drivers are caring, compassionate and certified PSWs or nurses, casually dressed to ensure no one feels uncomfortable. Need help at your destination? We will stay with you and assist for short or long outings, such as day surgery, doctor visits and out-of-town trips.
Right at Home offers many transportation options that are customizable to your loved ones unique needs.
- “Through-The-Door” PSW’s and Nurse drivers
- Medical appointments
- Shopping Excursions and outings
- Family Events
- Scenic Drives
- Regular vehicle or Wheelchair Van*
Wheelchair van availability depends on the service offerings of your local Care Office.
- Hospital Discharge and Assist
- Patient Transfer
- Home to New Home
- Medical and Dental Appointments
- Personal Outings, visiting, lunch
Right at Home has PSW Caregiver drivers can be there to help whenever needed.
- Escort your loved one to medical, dental, foot care or other appointments
- Caregiver can take notes and share them with your loved one's circle of care so that important information is never lost
- Our Caregivers can accompany your loved one to help pick up prescriptions at the pharmacy after an appointment
Social Outings and Activities
Our Caregivers are here to make you loved one's days fullfilling and enjoyable.
- Errands and shopping (with or without your loved one)
- Adventures and outings - zoo, park, walks and even restaurants
- Social engagment - Our Caregivers are all passionate about engaging with the clients.
A full spectrum of Support
Our transportation services are just one piece of the home care and support puzzle. Our transportation services often go hand-in-hand with our companionship services. We offer nursing care support, physical assistance and help with personal care and hygiene. We also offer PSW and nurse support for special care situations like cancer care and recovery, senior home care, arthritis and osteoarthritis care, diabetes support, and much more.
Why Right at Home?
- Right at home has been providing award winning customized senior care and home care for over 20 years. Read more about who we are here.
- YOUR Caregivers are all part of YOUR Care Team. This means that there is no revolving door of Personal Support Workers and Nurses. With the help of your Care Planner, you choose and get to know them. This leads to an level of care for your loved one that is unsurpassed in our industry.
- Professional Caregivers: Right at Home's' dedication to the highest level of service is the basis for everything we do including how we hire and train our Caregivers. You can read more about our Nurses and PSWs here.
- Working with government support: Your Care Planner will work to help you find the government supports you are eligible for (if you would like them) and then work to find a solution for the care needs that go above what government and family can do. We will also work around the government care plan so that we are enhancing it.
We help in home, wherever home is to you.
Our Caregivers are always out in the community visiting homes, Retirement Residences, Long Term Care (LTC), hospices and hospitals. Your local care office team will help out wherever you need us. If you are looking for help in other areas of Ontario or Canada please reach out and we will put you in touch with one of our other Care Offices.