Self & Family Managed Care (S/FMC)
Would you like to take charge of your Loved One’s Care? We Can Help!
A Unique program called Self & Family Managed Care available in Manitoba, allows you to take that control. This WRHA (Winnipeg Regional Health Authority) program offers government funds in exchange for home care services which can be used to hire private care company such as us, Right At Home Canada. By opting for Self and Family Managed Care, you get control over who comes into your home, ensure consistency and the quality of care.
How does Self & Family Managed Care (S/FMC) Work?
- You must live in your own home, apartment or assisted living facility
- Consult with your existing Home Care Case Coordinator about the S/FMC or phone the Intake Line directly at (204) 788-8330 to apply.
- Next step is to complete the application form. We are here to help. Your Right At Home – Winnipeg, Care Planner will help you to fill out the application form – this doesn’t cost you anything.
- Based on your application, your Home Care Case Coordinator will assess how many hours of care you are eligible for.
- You will be required to set up and maintain a separate bank account, to manage the funds.
- Funding comes directly in your S/FMC back account and will be subject to a regular audit.
- We help make the accounting for this program simple by providing our clients with both: 1). A personal invoice, and 2). A WRHA invoice. Our invoices have all the details that are required by WRHA – please keep them in your records.
- Equipment and supplies, along with visits from Nurses and Community Therapy Services will continue from WRHA.
The application process may seem daunting, but we are here to help. If you have questions or need assistance in any way, we are happy to help with the application process. As mentioned above, this help doesn’t cost you anything.
By hiring Right At Home, we take care of:
- Hiring trained care staff,
- Holidays staff,
- Staff backups,
- Conducting staff background checks;
- WCB (Workers’ Compensation Board) coverage,
- Paying source deduction etc.
For further information about Self and Family Managed Care, please refer to WRHA website at this link: